Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dahab


Chaise lounges at Palmers Restaurant at Assalah Bay in Dahab. All it takes is one small purchase to claim the spot for the entire day!












Assalah Bay at about 8 AM. No one around except me and the incredibly clear, refreshing water. You can see the Sinai Desert mountains in the background. What do I love best about Dahab? NO CARS!!!! And no clothing restrictions!!! Back to T-shirts and shorts - alleluia! You cannot believe how quiet this city is after noisy Agami! Besides the splashing of the water and the whooshing of the scuba tanks, you can hear all sorts of languages being spoken in this wonderfully relaxing tourist town.










The shops along the beachfront of Dahab.





















Shots of the bay from our end of the walkway.



















Another restaurant and their lounge chairs - closer to our lodging, but no easy way to get down to the water, so I walk about 15 minutes north.
















No vehicles allowed on the walkway - and that includes horses and camels!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

No camels and no horses on the walkway? Gosh darn it... it's gettin' soz ya can't do nothin' no how no more!

I guess people follow the rules petty well there. I mean... I don't see any camels or horses on the walkway. But just answer me this, Barb... if you owned a camel would you be tempted to ride him to the beach on the walkway? What would happen if you did? Ticket?

Did you go scuba diving?

Unknown said...

Meant to say *pretty* well there... sorry for the typo.

Barb said...

Yes, I did ride a camel one hour to dar es Ghaloum to snorkel and then one hour back the next day! I have the scratches on my legs and a boil on my ass to prove it too!